Structural design optimization
The Tosca optimization suite provides fast and powerful structural and flow optimization solutions based on FEA and CFD simulations.
There are a huge number of factors that a modern engineer needs to consider in the development process, subject to the need to meet tight deadlines. In addition to obvious characteristics such as performance, efficiency and durability, it is important to take into account the environmental efficiency, safety and comfort of the product being developed. In order to accelerate the process of finding the best design solution, tools are needed to allow engineers to predict and subsequently implement all possible improvements, making the most of computer simulation.
Tosca Structure and Tosca Fluid solutions are leading technologies for structural and flow optimization and offer its users effective enhancements based on industry standards FEA (Abaqus, ANSYS, MSC Nastran) and CFD software (STAR-CCM+ and ANSYS Fluent).
Tosca Structure provides effective solutions for optimizing the topology, shape and dimensions of a structure for the design of light and strong elements and assemblies. Using Tosca Structure allows you to shorten the development cycle, maximize productivity, minimize weight and material consumption for the manufacture of the structure.
Fluid Optimization enables topology-based design concepts to be applied to fluid flow systems and components. Use its power to automatically generate innovative design ideas for a specific flow challenge and available packaging space. Unique Fluid Optimization technology helps you achieve the highest flow performance, quality and environmental efficiency.
Reduce the weight of your structure with the same strength
- Topology Optimization — finding the most efficient form of structure while meeting required design goals, such as minimizing weight or maximizing stiffness;
- Form Optimization — improve design and performance based on a set of predefined design criteria;
- Size Optimization — optimizing the size of a structure or component while still meeting the required design goals;
- Stress Analysis — simulate the behavior of a structure under various loads and conditions, and identify possible failure modes;
- Vibration Analysis — simulate the dynamic behavior of a structure and determine potential resonant frequencies or modes;
- Fatigue Analysis — simulate the long-term behavior of a structure under repeated loads and cycles, and identify possible fatigue failure modes;
- Buckling analysis — buckling analysis to model the behavior of a structure in compression and identify potential buckling modes;
- Uncertainty Optimization — uncertainty optimization to account for variability in design parameters and to determine robust designs that are robust to uncertainties.
All in all, Simulia Tosca is a powerful tool that can help engineers and designers optimize their designs for various performance criteria and under various types of load conditions.