Durability analysis software for finite element models
The fe-safe suite of software is world-leading technology for durability analysis from FEA.
The needs to produce light and strong components using less material and to minimize time spent on serial production while reducing the number of warranty or recall returns are all modern requirements that manufacturers have to adapt to. Of course, most of the leading companies in the market are actively using finite element analysis tools to calculate design stresses, but many manufacturers still carry out fatigue analysis by manually selecting stress points, and the analysis is performed in a spreadsheet. Obviously, this takes a huge amount of time and the method itself is extremely unreliable due to the likelihood of missing the place where the destruction began.
Fe-safe is the first software solution available on the market that uses state-of-the-art fatigue analysis methods based on multiaxial strain. To meet all manufacturers’ needs for quality fatigue analysis technology, the development of Fe-safe has always been carried out in cooperation with industrial companies. Fe-safe was the first to implement the capability to analyze the durability of non-metallic materials. The Fe-safe software can analyze the properties of metal and composite materials, elastic polymers, thermomechanical fatigue and creep failure, as well as use the Verity Structural Stress Method or Weld Fatigue Analysis.
The fe-safe suite of software is world-leading technology for durability analysis from FEA, directly interfacing to all major FEA suites (Abaqus, ANSYS, Nastran (MSC, NEi, NX), Pro/Mechanica) and its capabilities have been developed to meet the most demanding industry applications.
A software package specialized in the analysis of finite element fatigue models
- Fatigue Analysis — can perform both High Cycle Fatigue and Low Cycle Fatigue analysis, which are used to predict the fatigue life of a material subjected to cyclic loading;
- Durability analysis — prediction of product life when exposed to real loads and environmental conditions;
- Thermal Analysis — thermal fatigue analysis to predict the effect of thermal loading on the fatigue life of a material;
- Weld Analysis — analyze the fatigue life of welded structures and predict weld failure locations;
- Vibration analysis — analyze the effect of vibration on the fatigue life of a structure;
- Multi-Axis Analysis — performs a multi-axis fatigue analysis that takes into account the combined effects of different load types, including stress and strain;
- Crack Growth Analysis — predicting crack growth in materials and structures due to cyclic loading;
- Creep Analysis — predicting the deformation and failure of materials subjected to high temperature loading over time;
- Residual stress analysis — analyze the effect of residual stresses on the fatigue life of a material.
Overall, fe-safe is a powerful tool for analyzing the fatigue life of structures and materials over a wide range of loading conditions and environmental factors.